Who can be evicted in California now? Update on AB 3088 Eviction Law for Tenants and Landlords!
It has been just over a week since COVID-19 Tenant Protection Act of 2020 - AB 3088 was passed and the California eviction process has changed for California landlords and California tenants! This updated guide for California tenants and California landlords answers some of the most common questions on the COVID-19 Tenant Protection Act of 2020 - AB 3088.
We answer these frequently asked questions from California landlords and California tenants about COVID-19 Tenant Protection Act of 2020 - AB 3088:
- Can I evict the tenant and move back into my house?
- Does this apply to commercial property - retail, industrial, office?
- What about the CDC Eviction Moratorium and AB 3088?
- When can a landlord file an eviction for nonpayment of rent?
- Do I have to pay a minimum of 25% of my rent every month from September 2020 to January 2021?
- Can I be evicted for not paying the other 75%? Watch the whole video for this answer.
- How do I know if my tenant is considered high income?
- How do AB 1482 and AB 3088 work together?
- Does a local eviction ordinance supercede the COVID-19 Tenant Protection Act of 2020 - AB 3088?
Yes, the California eviction moratorium is over now that the COVID-19 Tenant Protection Act of 2020 (Assembly Bill 3088) has passed! What does this mean for the eviction moratorium if you can’t pay rent due to COVID-19? Can a landlord now start an unlawful detainer in California? In our video, we’ll explain what eviction protections that the COVID-19 Tenant Protection Act of 2020 (Assembly Bill 3088) offers for California tenants who can’t pay rent due to COVID-19 and how the California eviction process works in the months ahead if a California tenant can’t pay rent due to COVID-19.
We also include a PDF downloadable copy of the Declaration of the COVID-19-related Financial Distress that all California landlords need to give their California tenants who can’t pay rent due to COVID-19.
#AB3088 #COVID19TenantReliefAct2020 #CaliforniaEviction