AVOID the LA City Mansion Tax (Measure ULA) - Guide for Los Angeles Property Owners
LA City real estate sales are about to get a lot more expensive thanks to Measure ULA, aka the Mansion Tax. As of April Fool’s Day 2023, transfer taxes will dramatically increase for any real estate sales over $5 million. We run through which properties will owe these taxes and go on a whiteboard adventure to calculate actual Measure ULA transfer taxes. Finally we cover 6 ways to avoid paying the LA City Mansion tax!
Important Links and more...
- Thinking of BUYING or SELLING in SoCal? -> Click here for no pressure, no obligation assistance
- Thinking of BUYING or SELLING anywhere else in the US? -> The best agents are right here
- Sign up here to find and track foreclosures and distressed real estate across the nation at FORECLOSURE.COM
- Sign up to have actively listed Southern California foreclosures and short sales - single family, multifamily and land - delivered to your inbox
- Altos Research Reports -> sign up for your neighborhood now!
- Click here to join almost 2,500 others in subscribing to the WIRE Associates weekly newsletter for the latest housing market data for buyers and sellers, plus access to foreclosure data, updates for landlords/tenants and much, much more or text “newsletter” to (949) 691-3566.
-> click here to see products, gear and more that we recommend!
This is not meant to be a solicitation of a property currently under contract. This is not meant to be legal or tax advice, please consult with the appropriate professional. We are licensed to sell real estate in California (if you need help elsewhere, we can help find a good broker, let us know), CalRE # 01804983. Coldwell Banker Realty Owned by a subsidiary of Realogy Brokerage Group LLC. CalRE # 00616212.
Remember when you click, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products and services that I've used or have experience with.