EVICTION for Substantial Remodel - Guide for California Landlords & Renters
Are you a landlord who wants to evict your tenant to remodel and increase the rent or maybe sell? Are you a renter who heard about the substantial remodel loophole? Or maybe received a 60 Day Notice because the landlord is going to substantially remodel? In this guide for renters and landlords, we explain the substantial remodel eviction in California. Questions we answer and more:
What qualifies as a substantial remodel
Can a substantial remodel just be cosmetic, like new paint and flooring
What happens if a landlord evicts and doesn’t do a substantial remodel
How can a tenant be evicted in LA City for a substantial remodel under the JCO
Definition of “Substantially Remodel” per California Civil Code 1946.2 https://leginfo.legislature.
Substantial Remodel Letter from Community Legal Services of East Palo Alto https://wclp.org/wp-content/
Important Links and more...
- Thinking of BUYING or SELLING in SoCal? -> Click here for no pressure, no obligation assistance
- Thinking of BUYING or SELLING anywhere else in the US? -> The best agents are right here
- Sign up here to find and track foreclosures and distressed real estate across the nation at FORECLOSURE.COM
- Sign up to have actively listed Southern California foreclosures and short sales - single family, multifamily and land - delivered to your inbox
- Altos Research Reports -> sign up for your neighborhood now!
- Click here to join thousands of others in subscribing to the WIRE Associates weekly newsletter for the latest housing market data for buyers and sellers, plus access to foreclosure data, updates for landlords/tenants and much, much more or text “newsletter” to (949) 691-3566.
-> click here to see products, gear and more that we recommend!
This is not meant to be a solicitation of a property currently under contract. This is not meant to be legal or tax advice, please consult with the appropriate professional. We are licensed to sell real estate in California (if you need help elsewhere, we can help find a good broker, let us know), CalRE # 01804983.
Remember when you click, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products and services that I've used or have experience with.
Post a Comment