Facing Eviction? The crisis of COVID Back Rent in Los Angeles
There’s an unfolding eviction crisis in Los Angeles due to back rent and the impact of COVID-19. As of August 1, 2023, LA renters are required to pay back rent owed from certain time periods during COVID or face eviction. In this guide for Los Angeles renters and Los Angeles landlords, we go beyond the headlines and share exactly which periods are covered for LA City back rent, who may be exempt from the risk of eviction, the difference for LA County renters and eviction due to COVID back rent AND discuss the #1 reason that landlords may choose to evict for nonpayment of back rent…and it has NOTHING to do with recovering back rent!
Important Links and more...
- Thinking of BUYING or SELLING in SoCal? -> Click here for no pressure, no obligation assistance
- Thinking of BUYING or SELLING anywhere else in the US? -> The best agents are right here
- Sign up here to find and track foreclosures and distressed real estate across the nation at FORECLOSURE.COM
- Sign up to have actively listed Southern California foreclosures and short sales - single family, multifamily and land - delivered to your inbox
- Altos Research Reports -> sign up for your neighborhood now!
- Click here to join thousands of others in subscribing to the WIRE Associates weekly newsletter for the latest housing market data for buyers and sellers, plus access to foreclosure data, updates for landlords/tenants and much, much more or text “newsletter” to (949) 691-3566.
-> click here to see products, gear and more that we recommend!
This is not meant to be a solicitation of a property currently under contract. This is not meant to be legal or tax advice, please consult with the appropriate professional. We are licensed to sell real estate in California (if you need help elsewhere, we can help find a good broker, let us know), CalRE # 01804983.
Remember when you click, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products and services that I've used or have experience with.