Real estate capital gains tax, avoiding taxes when selling a house!

Sellers are wondering, “when you sell a house do you have to pay taxes?” The answer could be yes, but first you need to see if you have enough real estate capital gains to have to pay the real estate capital gains tax! We are here to share how to avoid paying taxes when selling a house by using the section 121 exclusion and the 2 out of 5 years rule! We cover this and more:

✔️ When you sell a house do you have to pay taxes❓
✔️ How do you calculate real estate capital gains❓
✔️ If you owe real estate capital gains tax, when do you pay it❓
✔️ What is the section 121 exclusion❓
✔️ How much real estate real estate capital gains can we avoid paying real estate capital gains taxes on❓
✔️ What are examples of “2 out of 5 years rule” and Section 121❓

? Don’t forget to subscribe to the WIRE Associates weekly newsletter to get the latest housing market data, foreclosure data, median home price charts, tips for buyers and sellers, tips for landlords and tenants and much, much more ? newsletter

? Want help selling and avoiding real estate capital gains tax? Reach out to obligation, no pressure ? contact us

Equipment that we use for YouTube

  • Camera - Real estate photo
  • Grey card - (amazing investment - sets custom white balance) - table cake
  • Editing rig - a close up of a sign
  • Lights  Real estate photo
  • Lav Mic - Real estate photo

A few real estate books we love!

  • Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It - Real estate photo
  • What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures, Updated Edition - Real estate photo
  • Every Landlord's Legal Guide - Real estate photo
  • California Tenants' Rights - Real estate photo
  • The Color of Law - Real estate photo
  • The Millionaire Real Estate Agent: It's Not About the Money It's About Being the Best You Can Be - Real estate photo
  • The First Wacky Tale of Sam, Charlie & Leo: The Science Olympiad Competition - Real estate photo

This is not meant to be a solicitation of a property currently under contract. This is not meant to be legal or tax advice, please consult with the appropriate professional. We are licensed to sell real estate in California (if you need help elsewhere, we can help find a good broker, let us know), CalRE # 01804983. Coldwell Banker Realty Owned by a subsidiary of Realogy Brokerage Group LLC. CalRE # 00616212.

*This description may contain affiliate links. When you click them, I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I only recommend products and services that I've used or have experience with. All opinions are my own.

Post a Comment